Monday, December 29, 2008

Home Again

We're home again! We had a very nice trip, and it was good to spend some extended time with my family. Unfortunately, we did not have an ounce of snow the entire time we were gone, which was disappointing (for most of us, anyway.)
Yesterday, as we were unloading the van, I'd catch Eliza playing with one of her favorite toys that had been left behind. Then she'd say, "Home - Yay" or "House - Woo Hoo." It takes her about a day to warm up to people and we saw so many people in different locations while we were gone that it was a little rough for her. She was happy to be back with the familiar.
I'm not sure I'll post much this week. I have a lot to do around the house and we're trying to get Amanda ready for her new school next week. Here are a few pictures from Eliza's birthday and Christmas, though. After two days of birthday celebrations, Eliza finally got the birthday thing down. She thought Christmas was one big birthday party. Today, as I was going the through the Christmas cards that arrived while we were gone, she wanted to open some - "Birthday."






1 comment:

Kansas Mom said...

What a beautiful Christmas picture! (We didn't even remember to try to take one. We're such slackers.)