Tuesday, January 6, 2009

First Day and Twelfth Day

Here is a picture of Amanda before her first day at her new school. She only had positive things to say about her first day, and she's ready to jump right into all the new ways of doing things.


And I had some help figuring out how to navigate the crazy afternoon carpool line at the school, for which I am very grateful.
Amanda's first day also happened to be the Twelfth Day of Christmas, so I've been trying to wrap up our Christmas reading. I checked many, many Christmas books out of the library this year, so we've been trying to finish reading or re-reading the ones we really liked. Today, in honor of Epiphany, we've been doing some other Christmas-y things, before preparing to pack up the decorations tomorrow. I wanted to at least mark the twelve days and Epiphany for the girls this year, and maybe next year we'll do a little more. We're going to transition to some winter and snow themed books (with hope that we might actually see some snow this year!)

Warm wishes for many blessed gifts to you and yours in this new year!

4 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

So what were your favorite books? You know me...always looking for more.

Amanda looks so cute in her uniform.

Tiffany said...

I'll e-mail you, since it might take up a lot of space. =)

Kristin said...

Ah! I must stop visiting your blog. It makes me want to have a girl. They are simply too cute.

There's no way that I could do it, though, with impending internship and residency. But, even if I could, I'd likely have another boy and while that would be a-okay and great...I would still find myself visiting your blog and jealous of these beautiful little girls!!!!!

Tiffany said...

Thanks, Kristin. Maybe one day you'll have a girl. I hope so!