We started our tree theme this week. We read several books about trees in general and how to identify trees. We identified "our" tree that we have adopted for the summer as a maple, probably a red maple.
We are going to use this big book to write and draw about our tree and to keep track of some of the other things we learn about trees. We'll probably also have a section for our leaf and seed collections.
About a month ago, while planning books and activities around our tree theme, I realized that it would be a great opportunity to tie in some spiritual application related to trees. I did a review of stories and verses about trees in the Bible and found some great things. We're going to memorize Psalm 1:1-3 and Jeremiah 17:7-8 this summer. I'm also using the nine weeks of summer to teach the girls the nine Fruit of the Spirit. We won't be focusing on fruit in our tree study for several weeks yet, but I introduced it a little this week so we could focus on our first "fruit" - Love.
Here is Amanda with our fruit tree. Amanda and Caitlyn will take turns decorating the word each week.
2 comments:
Tiffany, this looks like so much fun! Do you have lesson plans or something you could share? I'd love to see how you've planned everything out for the summer. I'm struggling a bit with that as I'm trying to plan our homeschool for next year. (We're still working on "masterly inactivity" for the summer.)
Yes, I'll e-mail you this week.
Post a Comment