Saturday, June 27, 2009

Girl Scout Campout

I went with Amanda last night for her scout troop's end-of-the-year campout. I must say that I really have trouble calling what we did camping, though.

We stayed in one of a group of buildings on the Girl Scout Council's property used for overnight camping. I had envisioned them being like the large cabins I remember from my camp days, but considering the buildings are air conditioned, have full kitchens and bathrooms, and are equipped with security systems, I really don't think you can call it camping. Yes, they are surrounded by a small wooded area, and we went on a nature walk, but I really think it was much more like a sleepover. Everyone had a lot of fun, but it was not exactly what Amanda and I were expecting.


We did have a fire and make smores, but it was not even dark yet, and Amanda was disappointed that she didn't get to experience a real camp campfire.
I think the troop will be going to the "real" camp next year, though.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Sounds like a perfect definition of camping to me!