Here is a picture of a praying mantis. It startled me a little when I noticed it in the bush out front. It was at least 6" long. The girls thought it was very neat, but weren't anxious to catch it or get too close. They're usually quite ready to capture grasshoppers, beetles, caterpillars, etc., but I think the size of this one dissuaded them.
Eliza has been taking swinging lessons from Caitlyn. She's been practicing swinging on her stomach a lot lately and she finally has it down. She can twist around and go "flying" now.
1 comment:
Congratulations, Amanda! I'm not sure I'd want to see it, but I'm glad you could share it with your friends at school.
I should try to teach First Son to swing on his stomach first. I think he's a little risk-adverse and also doesn't quite understand the whole pumping the legs thing.
Post a Comment