Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Court Adventures

Caitlyn and Eliza ventured uptown to the county courthouse with me this afternoon.
(For those who don't know, I'm a Guardian ad Litem - a volunteer child advocate for children in abuse and neglect cases. I typically have a court hearing every three months.)
Amanda and Caitlyn love going to court with me. I think it's probably because of the very nice, very fun child care center they have in our new courthouse. It might also be the excitement of going into the city with all the tall buildings. Then again, the glass elevator is also very popular. Whatever it is, they think that going to court is a huge treat. Amanda was very disappointed that she had to miss going to court today.
I thought about bringing my camera to take a picture, but I figured it might not make it through security.
I was very impressed with our judge today, though. The hearing lasted an hour and half because the judge decided to address some systemic problems as they related to our case, but I left feeling very encouraged.
And everything else went very smoothly, so it was a good afternoon. We made it home five minutes before Amanda got home from school.

No comments: