Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Two visits in one

Amanda and Eliza had a combined visit to the doctor for their 5 year and 18 month well visits. I've done two visits in one a couple times before, but I was so worn out after the hour and half it took to get everything done, that I really think it would have been better to make the extra trip. They have these new vision tests that take more time, and we had to wait for shots until we could get in to do that, so that meant some extra waiting. Amanda also had a couple of additional tests, since she's getting ready to start school.
The girls held up pretty well, especially Caitlyn, who was just along for the ride. The pediatrician that we'd had since Amanda was born moved out of state in January, but I like our new doctor just as well. I'm thankful that all three girls will only go yearly now, though.
Amanda is between the 50th and 75th percentile for both height and weight, and as I suspected, Eliza is smaller than average for her age. Her height is close to the 50th percentile, but at just over 22 lbs, her weight falls between the 10th and 25th percentiles. She was a very energetic little bee for the doctor though!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

50th percentile is great! With the trends toward childhood obesity, etc., 50th percentile is plenty big enough (in my opinion), especially since the charts are based on comparisons to other kids. I'd be perfectly content if my son hovered below 50th percentile for weight! Your girls all look perfectly proportioned and sized to me (from what I can tell in their beautiful pictures!).