Thursday, July 3, 2008

Missing the pool

I'm really regretting that we didn't get to spend more time in the pool last week, while we had the chance. Amanda and Caitlyn have been finding creative ways to play "pool" this week.
On Monday morning, I discovered them in their bathing suits, dumping water into a basket lined with the Aquadoodle mat.
Tonight, I found Caitlyn sitting in a plastic tub while Amanda carried cups of water from the bathroom to fill up the "pool."
Both times I sent them to the bathtub in their bathing suits, shut the shower curtain, and let them play "pool" to their hearts' content.

2 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

I know how this goes. We had to let First Son go "fishing" in the kitchen when it was too hot to take him outside (for us, not him). What a mess. I should have opted for the bathtub, but didn't want to sit in there to supervise him.

I hope my kids don't get any ideas about making their own pools inside. It's bad enough having them track little drips of water in and out with me so pregnant and Kansas Dad on crutches.

Tiffany said...

Yes, I showed the fishing video to the girls and they thought it was great. They kept asking if it was real. =)