Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Quiet Week

I can hardly believe it's already Wednesday. It's been a quiet week around here, but it seems to be speeding by.
Chad took Amanda and Caitlyn out Saturday afternoon for some "special time." They rode the new light rail uptown and went to the children's library. Then they stopped for free milkshakes, which the girls got for completing the library's summer reading program. Here is Eliza tasting the treats that Amanda brought home.



It's been unbearably hot and sticky here lately, but the girls still want to go outside and play. They usually come in after 10 or 15 minutes, though, drenched in sweat.

1 comment:

Kansas Mom said...

I've been avoiding the back yard like the plague because of the heat. Hopefully when Second Daughter is a little older I'll feel more comfortable taking them out, even when it's hot like it has been.

By the way, I love the picture on an earlier post of Eliza collapsed on the floor. I've heard of that happening, but never experienced it with any of my kids. I think First Daughter could go on for days like the Energizer Bunny if we let her...though she'd be awfully cranky about it.