Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sculptures

This is Amanda's new thing this past week. I don't know where she got the idea to do this, and it's not for lack of play dough or clay. She's been soaking toilet paper in water and then using it to make sculptures. She sets them out until they dry and turn hard.


Here she is with some of her creations in the bathroom window. The tall one on the end is her giraffe. The bowl has some of her "raw material" in it.

3 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

I know it shouldn't be...but it still seems a little gross to be using toilet paper.

She'd probably love paper mache, too.

Tiffany said...

Yes, I guess it might seem a little gross. I've been making an effort to keep my concerns about cleanliness and orderliness from disrupting creativity as much as I can. =)
And I try to keep their bathroom as clean as I can, since they are constantly trying experiments or giving something a bath in the sink.
And after all, it was just a phase - no more toilet paper sculptures for now.

Kristin said...

Amanda is so creative! I am so impressed. Also, I once read a study on what people perceive as dirty and we aren't good inherent judges. For instance, most people perceive never-been-used garbage bags as dirty and even often wash their hands after handling them. Our tooth brushes often have more germs than a never-been-used garbage bag. I'm with you, Tiffany, you could go insane worrying about dirty perceptions (when, as I suggested) we're not good at it anyway!!