Saturday, May 16, 2009

May Flowers and Pilgrims


Amanda's favorite riddle right now is the classic, "If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?"
(Pilgrims)

(Amanda did this in the fall.)

Caitlyn didn't quite get it, so I thought maybe we'd read about the Pilgrims a little bit this week. Most people would do that in November, around Thanksgiving, but at least in May, I had no trouble checking all the books out of the library!
Amanda seems to have an early interest in American History. We're really hoping to get in a short trip to Washington D.C. (and maybe Philadelphia) this summer, so I'm planning to do a brief survey of early American history with the girls over the next month or so. There are lots of great picture book histories and biographies and easy chapter books we can use. We'll probably focus on the Colonial times, American Revolution and early Presidents.
(Amanda has almost learned the whole Presidents song!)

No comments: