Meanwhile, Amanda has a four-day weekend, so I decided to plan some extra activities while she is home. We're doing some special winter/snow crafts, and I have a huge stack of related books waiting to be picked up at the library. I also hope to work in a calendar-related theme. The girls got a calendar with stickers along with a magazine subscription they got for Christmas, so we're going to fill it out, talk about the months of the year, and read some related books.
Here's what we did this morning - marshmallow snowmen and snowflake quesadillas.
3 comments:
I just don't know how you do it! I always have tons a books from the library but they're not themed, and I can't seem to remember to think about any crafts at all. I really should, because you and your girls always seem to be having such fun!
I found that book by Esme Codell very helpful with the themes this week. It was a big time saver, since I could spend hours "browsing" online at the library.
I was just wondering if you had used that book to find some for your theme. That doesn't seem so hard. At least we started our family read aloud this week. I think First Son really likes it.
Post a Comment