Eliza took a nasty tumble outside church this morning and managed to scrape all the skin off her nose. I don't think I've ever seen a child injury quite like it. A kind bystander who volunteered his handkerchief commented on the fact that she was much more concerned about the shoe that fell off than she was about the bruises on her face, though.
It's finally starting to get darker and scab, but it was bright red most of the day. I was sorry I didn't have a camera at lunch earlier. We went to Grandpa Steve's after church, and Eliza got bright orange cheesy pasta all over her face. The bright red and orange together was quite a sight.
2 comments:
Poor Eliza! Though I've learned such things are pretty common at her age.
It's been funny to see how puzzled she gets when people comment on it. Everyone kept making a fuss over it yesterday, but she couldn't see it, so she didn't understand why. I suppose it's good that it never seemed to actually bother her. She got a little upset looking in the mirror last night while brushing her teeth, though.
Post a Comment