Saturday, January 10, 2009

Odds and Ends


I don't really have too much to report, but the girls are in bed and we'll be up watching football for a while, so I thought I may as well write something.

We're trying something new - Eliza is sleeping in the older girls' room, on a toddler/crib mattress on top of the sofa. (She did that while we had company over Thanksgiving.) I'm hoping that it will help cut down on the number of times she gets out of bed at night. Lately, she's been getting up 2-3 times a night and coming into our room, wanting to sleep in our bed. She was sick a couple of times around Christmas/New Year's so I let her sleep with us, and she also slept with us a little while we were at my mom's, so she got used to it. Sometimes I'm just too tired to bring her back to bed, so I let her into bed until I'm awake enough to carry her back to her room, which of course doesn't help. It's wreaking havoc with my sleep, though, so I'm going to try this and see if it helps. (Chad, of course, sleeps through almost all of it.) We'll probably have Amanda move into the smaller bedroom sometime later in the spring, when we can purchase another bed, and then move Eliza to the bottom bunk.
Amanda had a good first week of school. She's had no problem getting settled right in, and I'm very happy with how things are going so far. Chad got his schedule changed, so he goes straight from work to pick her up after school, which is working well.
We went to the bookstore this morning to watch a showing of the new Veggie Tales movie. The girls were very distracted by other things in the bookstore, though, so I'm not sure how much they actually saw. I was busy checking out all the Christmas clearance!
Here are some pictures of the girls with the masks they made during craft time at the Learning Store today. I had them pose for pictures but then I took the masks back. They were all very liberal with the glitter and now there is glitter everywhere.



No comments: