Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Real Pet

After a long summer of waiting and saving her money, Amanda finally got her very own hamster last week.


Amanda named her Macadamia, and she seems to be settling in well. (I was making granola with macadamia nuts the night we got the hamster, and Amanda liked the name.) Amanda has been thrilled to just sit and watch her busy little pet's activities. Thankfully, although hamsters are supposed to be nocturnal, Macadamia prefers to be most active in the morning. I was worried she might keep Amanda up all night, since her wheel is a little squeaky.

3 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

Congratulations!

Maybe the wheel needs a little WD-40.

Tiffany said...

Yes, but since she has a tendency to chew on the wheel, we might need to find something a little safer. =)

Kansas Mom said...

I see...what about some olive oil? Coconut oil? Of course, then she might decide the wheel really is yummy.