The girls and I spent nearly two weeks visiting my family and just returned late Wednesday. We had a wonderful, relaxing time. The girls love playing with their cousins, and my mom and stepdad's farm always has lots of new and interesting diversions. We came home with lots of goodies from my mom's garden, and I managed to do almost all of the needed back-to-school shopping, so it's nice to have that out of the way.
A few pictures...
Amanda and Eliza with my niece, Reagan
Eliza preparing her mud pie
From our trip to The Wilds (Read the sign!)
We did some letterboxing, with my mom and with my grandmother, aunts and cousins. This letterbox find was at the park near my grandparent's house where I remember playing as a little girl.
After letterboxing, we visited the location of another treasured childhood memory, a local landmark where I remember getting ice cream cones with sprinkles. I wanted the girls to experience them, too.
The girls were happy to come home and spend time with Daddy, though. We had a nice weekend, and now I'm hopeful for a productive week at home.
2 comments:
What a nice trip! You are always out and about seeing exciting things.
We start school three weeks from today. I think I'm done with the shopping. (Kansas Dad really hopes I'm done with the shopping.) I still have tons of planning to do. Hopefully this big push now will mean less planning during the year than I did last year.
KM,
I'm looking forward to making some of those chocolate chocolate-chip zucchini muffins with the zucchini from my mom's garden! I hope to stick some in the freezer for after-school snacks.
I love planning. I just wish I loved the execution more than the plan. =)
Post a Comment