Saturday, January 16, 2010

We have pets!

Some of you know I've been very anti-pet. It's not that I don't like animals, but I tend to be anti-anything-that-leaves-more-mess. Well, apparently at some point I said, "Maybe when Eliza turns three," and the heat is on.
My sister made a good suggestion at Christmas, and last weekend we bought some Sea Monkeys at the Learning Store.
Well, a few of them hatched, so I guess we officially have pets now.

3 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

Cool! Though Kansas Dad thinks sea monkeys don't count as actual pets. Of course, we have chickens and they're not pets, either.

Tiffany said...

Yeah, it's probably stretching a little bit. But they do require daily maintenance (stirring the water), and you have to feed them, so that counts in my book.
We might move up to an ant colony or earthworm farm in the spring. =)

Kansas Mom said...

Oh, that sounds like fun! Kansas Dad and I were just talking about buying some worms at the bait shop to watch for a while.

Then we'll feed them to the chickens.