Thursday, January 21, 2010

Sun and Showers, but no Snow

Many of the letter themes we've had (and will have) during school time this year have really lined up well with the holidays and seasons, and I was hoping that this week might be the same. Well, S is for Snow, but it hasn't even looked like winter here most of the week.
Monday through Wednesday were gorgeous and sunny, over 60 degrees all three days. We biked/walked/scooted (What is the verb for riding a scooter, anyway?) to the park two afternoons and spent lots of time outside. S is also for Sun, as Caitlyn pointed out earlier in the week - it's just not what I'd planned for. We've still enjoyed reading lots of books about snow, though I haven't been too inspired to do many other related activities. (W is for Weather, so I guess I can move them to that week.) Today was colder and rainy, so at least we could snuggle under some blankets while we read.
And, of course, since this was the first significant daytime rain we've had since Christmas, the girls wanted to try out the new umbrellas they all got for Christmas. So we ventured out to jump in some puddles and watch the water go down the street drains for a bit.

1 comment:

Kansas Mom said...

Umbrellas are always a hit! We received one that may not survive to repel any water. Oh well, at least the kids are enjoying it inside.

No snow here, either, though we did have a thunderstorm last night. So weird for January.