Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall Crafts and School Project


I had forgotten that today was the special seasonal crafts day at the Learning Store, so we were pleasantly surprised when we showed up. They had five different crafts and face painting, and they had a bunch of new toys and games out. The girls had a great time. Eliza managed two of the crafts and just played with the toys the rest of the time. She sang a lovely rendition of "Jesus Loves Me" into the karaoke microphone they had set up. I got tons of new ideas for Christmas presents.


Amanda came home and worked on her animal project for school. The first grades just finished a large unit on animals, and the students in her class are doing projects on ocean animals. (Each of the three first grades picked a different habitat.)


Amanda picked the flying fish as her animal, which I must admit I knew nothing about. She has to write a short report and make a 3-D model of her animal. The model has to be able to attach to the bulletin board, though, so that makes it a little more tricky. She finished it, but I don't have a picture of it yet.

No comments: