Sunday, March 1, 2009

This and that

I had a lot of other priorities this week, so I'm sorry about the lack of posts. Here are a few updates.
School is going well for Amanda, and she's doing so well with her reading. The kindergarten classes went on a field trip to see a play at the Children's Theatre last week.
Here is Amanda with a structure she made from stale marshmallows and toothpicks. Unfortunately, as soon as she turned her back, her littlest sister decided the marshmallows looked too good to resist.


Caitlyn is riding her bike well now. It just took a week of practice to figure out how to get started by herself. She is still a little slow on the brakes, though. Luckily, she has hair to cover the bruise she got on her forehead after wrecking this week.


Eliza has a sock fetish. She just loves putting on her own socks (and everyone else's.) I fold and sort the laundry on the living room couch, so she loves to find new socks several times a day.


One day last week, Amanda wore knee-high socks to school. After she left, Eliza decided to put on a pair of Amanda's socks and pull them up to her knees (they weren't knee-highs.)
Eliza is also doing well with potty-training. She's wearing panties all day now, except sometimes when we go out, and ALMOST made it accident-free a couple days this week.

The apple dolls are still a work in progress. The heads are finished, and we attached the bodies this week. We still plan to paint/color the faces, attach hair, and find them some clothes, though.



Amanda made a grandkid to go with hers. (This is after she told her great-grandmother on the phone that the apple doll was going to look like her, because of all the wrinkles.)


And for my mom, here is a picture of Chad's AeroGarden (and the flowering plants I got for Valentine's Day.)


I need to figure out what to do with that dill - it's really getting out of control.

Yesterday, Chad and the older girls spent the morning at a service project organized by our church at a local ministry. The girls helped with a lot of sorting, cleaning, and organizing. Afterwards, Chad took them to the Aviation Museum at the airport (it was nearby), and they were able to tour the planes on display.

And, once again, we are expecting snow tonight!! Yay! Today has been miserable - bitter cold, windy and rainy, so the snow will probably be a welcome change. Grandpa Steve came over for lunch, and we had chicken soup with rice to start the month of March.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I love your girls. They are so cute. The picture of Eliza with the socks is so precious. I swear, though, she and Joe are the same size. I wish y'all were closer, so that she could play with him!

Tiffany said...

Hey - we might have a chance soon! We may be going to visit my in-laws in Alabama sometime soon. I'll let you know! Eliza would love to have a chance to play with Joe. When I told her that Joe said hi, she was confused and then went looking for the phone - she wanted to talk to him!