Saturday, March 14, 2009

A little green

Amanda had Family Night at her school's book fair on Friday night. We made some seasonal cookies on Thursday so we could donate some of them for the cake walks. I am pretty sure it was the first time I had ever used my shamrock cookie cutter.


Incidentally, Amanda won the very first cake walk we entered and brought home a chocolate cake.
Each of the grades also had informal performances at the book fair, so here is a picture of her with some of the other kindergartners. We could hear her voice above the crowd a couple of times.


Today, the Learning Store had several crafts for St. Patrick's Day. Here are the girls with some of the things they made.


The treasure chests/pots of gold had plastic quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies, which are very handy to have around. I was considering buying some to have on hand for Amanda to practice counting change, and now I don't need to!

We also broke out the St. Patrick's Day books from the library tonight, and I must say that I, too, learned a few things about St. Patrick.

No comments: