
It has been challenging adjusting to Amanda being gone during the day. Amanda is very self-directed, and she enjoys spending time with her sisters. And they adore her. Caitlyn and Eliza, on the other hand, tend to compete with one another for attention.
Caitlyn needs more "help" finding things to do now (as long as it doesn't involve watching tv or playing games on the computer.) One thing she really enjoys, though, is cooking. We made homemade wheat bread yesterday, and I see a lot of baking in our future. I have no complaints with that, though (and I doubt Chad will either!)
I've also enjoyed going for walks with the girls after Amanda goes to school in the morning. I push them in the double stroller and it's good exercise for me. (And much easier when there are only two children, not three.)
This morning, Caitlyn and Eliza actually had an enjoyable time playing together and it was SO nice. And apparently Eliza was worn out - I got her some water, which she likes to have before her nap, and then Caitlyn found her like this a few minutes later...
3 comments:
I wish I was better at baking with the kids. It takes so much longer!
Doing the dishes together is just as bad. First Daughter pretty much just likes to get everything wet. I think she thinks the washcloth is a handy tool for moving the water from the sink to the floor.
Oh, I don't attempt to bake with Eliza "helping," not yet anyway. The extent of her helping in the kitchen is handing me the clean silverware from the dishwasher. I pull her high chair into the kitchen so she can watch, but I need to have her little hands out of the way! Amanda and Caitlyn do well, though I usually let them take turns - one gets to do wet ingredients and the other gets dry ingredients.
I like the idea of taking turns with wet and dry ingredients. I've let both of my oldest up on a chair and they take turns dumping the ingredients I measure into the bowl, but they're both up there with me at the same time. It would be nice to contain First Daughter, but I know she can get out of her high chair, so I fear turning my back on her at all or getting too far away.
Post a Comment