This afternoon I was sitting at the table intently reading the Sunday paper. Eliza was next to me playing with papers and crayons and the older girls were around playing. I could hear them and they were clearly happy, so admittedly, I was not paying much attention. After a while, though, something caught my attention, and I turned around. I was a little shocked and then amused and somewhat embarrassed to discover Caitlyn happily unraveling a roll of string ALL over the house. It was wrapped around furniture in three rooms and down the hallway and she only had about 10 yards of it left to go. She had walked right by me no fewer than FIVE TIMES without me noticing what she was doing. Needless to say, she was quite amused with herself. I let her finish and then she helped me roll it back up into a ball.

(I didn't think to take the picture above until we'd already rolled up most of it.)
1 comment:
I could totally see First Son and First Daughter getting into trouble like this while I wasn't paying enough attention. (He's almost never doing anything like this, but she does and easily convinces him to go along with her -- she's only 20 months old!)
I laughed out loud when I read this.
And I'm thrilled you have a blog now! I love to see the pictures of your girls!!
Post a Comment