Eliza came up with a completely new saying about a month or so ago and I kept meaning to write it down, since I thought I'd probably forget. Well, she said it again yesterday, so I'm going to make note of it this time!
We were walking through the home improvement store where we got the paint for Amanda's room, when Eliza commented that her sisters had sold GS cookies there. (They had a booth outside.) That was over a year ago, so I commented that it was very good of her to remember something from so long ago. She said, confidently, "I always keep my mind in my mind."
She said this same thing several times one week, about a month ago, and I was really puzzled by it at first. She usually said it when I complimented or thanked her for remembering something. "I keep my mind in my mind." What a strange thing to say!
Then, I realized she had probably heard her mommy say one too many times, "I'm losing my mind!" She wanted to affirm that that never happened to her.
I must note that CHANGING her mind, on the other hand, is a completely different story.
1 comment:
LOVE IT!
Post a Comment