Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Choking Dinosaurs

On the way out of Amanda's knitting lesson yesterday, Caitlyn was holding Amanda's hand and pulling/hanging on her. Exasperated, Amanda said to her, "I'm not the head of dinosaur you need to make skinny."

What?!?

I repeated her comment questioningly to make sure I'd heard correctly, (and wrote it down when I got in the car, certain I'd forget), and she says, "No, it's an actual technique for sculpting. It's called 'choking.'"
Apparently, Amanda thought her sister was "choking" her like a piece of clay being formed into a dinosaur head.
I shook my head over that one most of the way home.

(Amanda is studying dinosaurs in school right now, and they've been making sculptures.)

2 comments:

Staci said...

Ha! That's too funny...just goes to show that with kids even the strangest sounding thing probably still has some merit/logic behind it!

Kansas Mom said...

Hilarious!