Sunday, December 12, 2010

Carols and Cookies

Amanda and Caitlyn sang their Christmas songs during the morning service today. Both choirs did a great job. It's really hard to get a good picture in our sanctuary, but here's one outside-


Yesterday, we went to the annual Birthday Party for Jesus at church and then we had a relaxing afternoon and baked some cookies. We made some more today. I've found a great new chocolate cookie recipe, and the girls had fun shaping some of the dough into odd shapes.

Eliza is having a Christmas Tea Party with some of her friends on Tuesday, so we'll be doing some more baking tomorrow.

3 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

A better chocolate chip recipe than the one on the Nestle bag? That's still our very favorite one!

I made dinosaur cookies with it by baking it in a 12 x 17 pan and then cutting it with cookie cutters for First Son's birthday party. I crumbled up the extra bits for parents to sprinkle on the ice cream. Yummy!

Tiffany said...

No, this is actually a chocolate cookie (no chips). It has a cream cheese base, so it stays really soft after baked. The recipe is for chocolate candy cane shapes with white chocolate drizzle and candy cane pieces. Yum! Personally, I think the cookies are great without any topping, though.

Kansas Mom said...

Oh, that recipe sounds good!