Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Day


As promised, here are a couple of pictures from the first day of school! It was raining this morning, so I didn't get too many. I had intended to go in the building with the girls, but OH MY GOODNESS, was it crazy there this morning! Caitlyn insisted she could go in by herself, though, as long as Amanda walked her to class. (She had talked with her teacher a few times already and been to her classroom twice.)
I wasn't going to argue too much, since the parking lot was crazy busy (NO place to park), since apparently half of the parents wanted to go in the building, and there were still huge lines in both directions out on the main road. (700+ students, no buses) The girls did get there on time, though, and I took a couple of pictures on the curb as I dropped them off.


They both reported good days. I stopped by at lunchtime to help Caty's teacher and drop off the snack that Amanda forgot. I'm really pleased with both of the girls' teachers. Caitlyn's teacher, in particular, seems wonderfully suited to her. (An answer to prayer!) I'm very hopeful that they'll both have a great year.

Eliza got to go the courthouse with me this afternoon, which was a special treat for her. The childcare workers at the courthouse always remember her, even though she's only there about once a year. It was unfortunate that the case I'm working on now had court scheduled today, but Chad picked up the girls from school and took them up to the lake for a jet ski ride before Eliza and I met them there. So that was a special treat for them.(And I made cookies, too.)

No comments: