It worked out beautifully that the first day of fall happened to fall during our "F" week, when I was planning to focus on farms and fall anyway. I REALLY wanted to take a field trip to a farm today to celebrate, but we didn't have any luck there. After much searching, I discovered that all the farms within about a 30-45 minute radius of us don't actually open to the public for fall tours and activities (except maybe on weekends) until October.
Due to some sort of strange weather pattern this year (a very wet spring and dry summer), our backyard trees have already shed about half their leaves. (It's about a month early for that.) So the girls at least got to play in some leaves today. They're not very pretty (they just turned brown and fell off - the rest are still green), but they're fine for jumping in.
We did get the fall decorations out of the attic, though, and we let the girls each pick out a little gourd of her own. We decided to wait a little longer on the pumpkins, though.
No comments:
Post a Comment