I thought I'd update on our tree study this summer, since I haven't mentioned it in a while. We've continued to read books and do some activities, but I've been pretty relaxed about it. I see summer plans mostly as a fall-back in case we need something to do. We've had a lot to keep us busy this summer, and the girls have had several other worthwhile pursuits, so we haven't done as much as I'd planned.
(Caitlyn gluing the magazine pictures she found of things that come from trees.)
Amanda and Caitlyn also took a tree census (evergreen and non-evergreen) of the yard, and Amanda recorded it in the book using tally marks.
I've also planned to extend the tree-related topics for the first couple weeks of school with Caitlyn. I'm going to be doing an alphabet-related theme study with Caitlyn at home, and the "A" week is Apples. The "B" week is Birds. So that will continue our summer theme very nicely.
And although we haven't done as well learning the other tree verses, the girls have been doing well learning the fruit of the Spirit. We have one more to go, though. Amanda didn't think I should post a picture until the tree was complete, so I'll save that for later.
No comments:
Post a Comment