I was puzzled when I saw this bag in the re-wrap/quick sale bin at the grocery store yesterday. I decided to give them a try when I realized they were organic yellow carrots from California. (And they were only $1 for a pound.) I thought Caty might find them interesting. We love to eat baby carrots with hummus, and even Eliza will eat raw carrots if she can dip them. (Amanda only likes carrots cooked.)
They tasted just like the orange variety, and I don't think the girls noticed any difference, but it still seems wrong somehow. Let's just say I am not ready to start teaching them that carrots can be orange OR yellow. (Though I guess yellow carrots have been around for hundreds of years - I'd just never seen any before.)
And on a less healthy note, here's a picture of Eliza being silly with Daddy and cheese puffs. (Yes, Chad shaved off all his facial hair this week.)
2 comments:
Joe loves dipping, too! The other day he insisted on dipping pickles in apple sauce. Weird child. Your girls are so fun to follow.
Tell Eliza his from Joe!
Hi, not his :)
Post a Comment