Thursday, August 28, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten

Here are some pictures of Amanda from yesterday. They have staggered entry the first week of kindergarten, so only five or six from her class were there yesterday, and then everyone will go on Friday. (She didn't have school today.)



She was quiet and a little nervous when we dropped her off, but she was also the first one there. She was happy when we picked her up, though, and had a lot to say.
We had cake and ice cream when she got home to celebrate her first day.



The other girls and I were out running errands most of the day yesterday so we didn't notice her absence too much, but I think we're all going to miss her very much while she's at school. It's been really nice to have her home again today.

2 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

Hope Amanda had a great first day of kindergarten!

Kansas Mom said...

What a great idea - having cake and ice cream to celebrate the first day of school!

I can understand missing her during the day. I'd surely miss First Son if he were gone for school every day!