This is the family reunion for my Granddad's (my dad's dad) side of the family. I remember going to a number of these reunions in various locales throughout my childhood. It was nice to connect with some old familiar faces.
The reunion was at the family's golf course, which my great grandfather started. My dad gave the kids a treat by taking them all out on their first ride in a golf cart.
(Eliza needed Hannah to come along, too.)
This reminded me of the first time Dad took me out and let me drive the cart by myself - I got nervous, forgot where the brake was, and ran right over a little pine tree. My sister Tonya was also at the reunion, and she remembered this story, too. We shared a laugh over that, and now the girls have an embarrassing story to share about mommy. (I think I also tipped the cart, but I left out that part.)
No comments:
Post a Comment