Friday, January 25, 2013

French Kid

Amanda did an immigrant project for school where she had to design a picture of herself in traditional clothing from a country where some of her ancestors lived. She had a few countries to choose from, of course, but she actually chose the branch of the family that probably immigrated to the U.S.A. the latest.


(We decided to overlook the fact that my maternal grandmother's family actually came into the country via Canada, not directly from France.)

This project actually coincided with my reading of the book French Kids Eat Everything: How Our Family Moved to France, Cured Picky Eating, Banned Snacking, and Discovered 10 Simple Rules for Raising Happy, Healthy Eaters. Amanda didn't appreciate some of the changes I wanted to make in our eating habits as a result, but the book was also an interesting look at French culture. We were considering instituting a monthly crepe night, but then I read that a creperie was getting ready to open nearby. I think we'll be giving them some business.

No comments: