Caitlyn is loving soccer. I can tell it's a good fit, because I have not heard one complaint from any practice or game. Even this one from last weekend, when it was cold and rainy...
Amanda is in the school musical for grades 3-5. She has a singing solo and is a member of the ensemble (chorus). She's very excited about it. Again, I can tell it's a good fit, because she always looks forward to rehearsal and loves to practice at home.
The girls both started back to choir at church, and Eliza is in the four-year-old ABC Bible memory class, which I have the pleasure of teaching again this year.
The older girls start back to Girl Scouts next week, but thankfully it's only twice a month. I think we've reached our limit of involvement. I like to have my family at home. I told Eliza she had to wait until she turned five to take ballet class. =) Hopefully we'll find one that meets during the day.
Eliza has been struggling a little bit with the lack of playmates during the day. Her friend from the neighborhood started kindergarten this year. Eliza does great playing by herself for a few hours and enjoys preschool activities with mom, but she really misses having other children to play with. So I've been working to find some more opportunities for her to get out and play with others.
We've had rain this week. Here's Eliza riding her scooter in the rain -
Yesterday, I had to run something across town for the court case I'm working on, and we decided to make an impromptu stop at the children's library uptown while we were nearby. She had a lot of fun with that, even though I drove around for a good fifteen minutes, waiting for a spot to open up in the free library parking. (I'm sorry, but I absolutely refuse to pay for parking to go to the library!)
We had hoped to do some fun things outside today, for the first day of fall, but it's raining again. I'll have to see what we can come up with...
1 comment:
Love the pictures of your BIG girl in the rain!
Post a Comment