Saturday, November 13, 2010

Another Festival Day

Chad worked all day, so I hadn't planned to do too much, but I happened to see in the morning paper that a local history museum was having an American Indian Festival. Both of the older girls have been studying Native Americans in school lately, so I knew they'd be interested. The festival was free, and so was admission to the museum, so how could I pass that up?
I'd never actually been to the museum before, which includes the homestead property of the oldest house in the county, a 5000+ sq. ft. rock house built in 1774. It was very interesting. Amanda went there on a field trip last year, and enjoyed sharing all the things she remembered. I was impressed with how much she did remember.
The girls enjoyed the various crafts based on Native American tales, and they all got some feathers to clip in their hair. The girls were enthralled with all the dancers. They had a variety of groups/tribes represented and showed many different styles of dress and dance.
Sadly, there are no pictures. We're going to have to remedy the camera situation soon. It's also peak leaf season here this week and it's beautiful.

No comments: