Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Fun

Amanda, Caitlyn, and Chad all had the day off today. So while Eliza and I were babysitting for a neighbor this morning, Chad took the other two girls out.
They went to a Botanical Garden we'd never to before and saw some cool plants.



Then, they went to look at race cars. Unfortunately, the camera battery died, so they didn't get any pictures there.

Tonight, we went to our church's Reformation Celebration. It's our church's alternative to the Halloween/Fall festival. Since our denomination is Reformed in our theology, we celebrate the Reformation on October 31st, commemorating the day Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses to a church door.
So the girls played games, made crafts, got balloon animals, had their faces painted (again!), and learned a little about the Reformation. Oh, and they got a bunch of candy.



3 comments:

Kansas Mom said...

New blog design? It's nice!

Though I'm not sure I should be commenting on a post about a Reformation party. (You know, as a Catholic.)

Tiffany said...

Thanks! I needed a break from the pink.

On that note, though, are you familiar with Scott Hahn? (Former Presbyterian minister who converted to Catholicism.) He was in town speaking yesterday, and they had an interesting article about him in the paper. I have one of his books on hold at the library. I've been inspired to study church history and development of theology lately. I might ask Kansas Dad if he has any reading recommendations.

Kansas Mom said...

I'm not sure I've read any books by Scott Hahn, but I have read quite a bit about him. His writing is supposed to be very engaging and enlightening. You'll have to let me know what you think of the book.

I'm sure Kansas Dad could give you some recommendations. If you email him for some and don't hear back, let me know. Sometimes he gets distracted before replying to emails. ;-)