Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday

We started our day with a trip to the Nature Preserve for a quick letterbox.


On the way out, we stopped to play a while in the awesome new outdoor play area they recently added outside the Nature Center.
Everyone had fun making music...



Digging for dinosaur bones





Then, we headed up to the Bass Pro store to make and decorate bird houses, with a little school shopping thrown in while we were at the mall.

Tonight, I got out our wonderful new addition - a record player!


My grandfather had this old school model for us when we stopped at his junk/antique store while we were visiting. The last time we were at his store, I got a wonderful old set of records with everything from patriotic songs to traditional folk songs to hymns to fairy tales. I was so excited to finally get something to play them on! The girls were intrigued with this unusual new attraction.

No comments: