Saturday, April 11, 2009

To Ohio and Home Again

We had a good trip to Ohio. The traveling went well and the girls were really very good. We drove up on Monday and came home yesterday. We didn't get to see everyone, or spend much time with some people, especially since we weren't there over a weekend, but it was still very nice. It actually snowed off and on most of the day Tuesday, but it didn't stick at all, so we just enjoyed it.
Most of the time we just visited and the girls played with their cousins, but we did go up to COSI on Thursday. (Big children's hands-on science center/museum, for those of you not from Ohio.) They had a really neat frog exhibit going on with a bunch of live frogs - some of the craziest looking creatures I've ever seen. It was a lot of fun, and it persuaded me that I need to go ahead and get a family membership to our own science center this year.

Eliza and her cousin Hannah

Enjoying Jaden's "ride"

Eliza and Grandpa (Barry, my stepdad)
The other girls had a great time going for a ride, but suprisingly, Eliza was not so thrilled. I think it was too loud for her.

Eliza and Jaden blowing bubbles on Grandma's porch
It was actually so windy that the wind blew the bubbles most of the time, but that made it nice for them.

Ari and Amanda
(I'm not really sure what they were doing. I think Reagan was trying to demonstrate something about blood flow to them.)

COSI Pictures


Amanda preparing to go down into a submerged submarine

Holding hands for the electric shock demonstration

Eliza spins a wheel to make the gears turn

And water fun for all...


No comments: