Saturday, June 28, 2014

Summer, so far


The camera has been MIA for over a month now. I keep thinking it's going to turn up somewhere, but I'm beginning to accept it may just be gone. So, there are no end-of-school pictures or any summer pictures that weren't taken by someone else. My mom came to visit for several days, though, so I have some pictures from her that I'll throw in. (And no, I do not own a phone with a camera. I'm quite content with my talk and text only phone, thank you, though I have thought it would be handy recently.)


We had a good end to the school year. Reviews were a bit mixed on the teachers everyone got for next year, but the girls have all been great about doing their summer work. If they complete a certain number of math, reading, and writing activities over the summer, they'll get a t-shirt they can wear every Wednesday next year (instead of regular uniform shirts), and they'll get to go to a special party at the beginning of the year.


We kicked off the summer with a camping trip with the Pioneer Girls, and that was a lot of fun. We've been to a free show at the children's theater and we went blueberry picking. Grandma came to visit, and while she was here, Chad had his first Saturday ski day, so we all went to the lake for a day of fun.


I'm working some this summer and have committed to do the children's summer reading program every week during June and July at the library where I work. We are doing a Reading Around the World theme, and that has been a lot of fun for me to plan. I'm in charge of the weekly program for the 3-6 year-olds (books and crafts.) The girls can just come to work with me on Thursdays when we do the program, so that is great. They've been a big help with getting things set-up, and Amanda assists me with the children some weeks. 

Finally, this past week was our church's annual youth missions week, and Chad was a full-time leader again this year. I also had daily responsibilities, while Caitlyn and Eliza went to VBS in the mornings. Amanda actually went to a musical theater camp all week, every day from 8:30-3:30. They learned a few scenes and songs from Alice in Wonderland and performed them for the families on Friday evening. 
Whew. The coming week will be relatively quiet, so that will be nice. Then, my aunt Kay is coming down and the girls and I are heading down to Florida with her for several days. We can hardly wait! 



No comments: