Saturday, November 30, 2013

A White Thanksgiving

We headed north to visit Chad's brother and family for Thanksgiving this year. We traveled with that winter storm that went through two days before Thanksgiving, but thankfully we made it safely. The girls were delighted to play in and out of the snow with their cousins.






Chad and I decided to surprise the girls with a trip to Niagra Falls on the way home. We wanted to break up the trip and stop to see my family briefly, so it seemed like a good time. I realized when we got there that I'd actually only seen the falls from the Canadian side of the border, which has a much better view. It was still beautiful and well worth the trip. 



All the snow was a bit of a shock to my system, even though I love it, especially considering I took these pictures in our yard two days before we left -



I still wasn't quite ready to slip into Christmas mode when we returned, but thankfully most of our Advent plans were ready to go.

No comments: