The first graders had a special project due today. They had to write a brief book report of any book they chose, make a poster, and then dress up like a character in the book. The whole first grade then had a book parade for morning assembly. They also picked out some of the students to tell about their book and why they chose it. Amanda was one of the ones chosen to speak. Afterwards, they took the parade outside, so that the parents could take pictures.
Amanda picked one of her favorite picture books, Stellaluna, about a fruit bat that gets adopted by a bird family. I made her a bat costume out of a sheet I found at Goodwill. I didn't get a picture of her with her wings spread, but she says she wants to wear it again for Halloween.
1 comment:
Very fun!
Post a Comment